Digital + Material
Innovation + Engagement
Combine cutting-edge digital practices with internationally-renowned art and craft studio disciplines in the Bachelor of Design.
Design students will benefit from deep immersion in digital, manual and theoretical studies and a wide overview of creative practices. From coding, to making, to manufacture, students apply hands-on design to digital and physical materials. Students delve into web design, data visualisation, and interaction design, and experiment in studios to develop expertise in the latest digital form and fabrication processes.
This degree prepares students with transferable knowledge and skills required to make their mark on a rapidly changing world.
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
Upon successful completion, students will have the skills and knowledge to:
1. Demonstrate skills and knowledge of the practices, languages, forms, materials and technologies in their relevant discipline.
2. Research, develop and evaluate design concepts and processes by thinking creatively, critically and reflectively.
3. Apply skills and knowledge to the creation, visualisation and production of design projects.
4. Work independently and collaboratively on design projects and respond to project demands.
5. Interpret, communicate and present ideas, problems and arguments in modes suited to a range of audiences.
6. Recognise and reflect on social, cultural technological, environmental and ethical issues of creative practice and design considering local and international perspectives.
Applicants must have either completed recognized upper secondary studies to the required standard and recognised by ANU as comparable to Australian Year 12 or completed at least one year of tertiary study to the required standard.
At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
The Australian National University
Australian Capital Territory,
2601, CANBERRA, Australia
Phí ghi danh
Độ dài khoá học
Kỳ nhập học